Saturday, June 24, 2006

Juvinals Record




As soon as these guys from Pirates Press get back to me this will be done. I've emailed them twice and all I need is their goddamn template but they haven't responded. This is a new way of working for me, all little lines of color that add up when mixed by the eye. It comes from impressionism. I like the effect but it was a little on the time consuming side. Every area had to be painted at least 3 times with an opposing mesh of hatchmarks. It's a little tedious. I don't know how commercially viable it is, but Barron Storey does it so it must be possible.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That's fucking incredible Jeremy. Best color work I've see you do yet. Definitely worth the time it took.

-Chris C.

Rosetta said...

Hi
I think the album looks great! I work with Mia( who is Mark's sister) and she brought the album in today. The insert was 'interesting' too!
Great day to ya.
Rosetta-Wichita,Ks.