Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Panther Attack


One of the guys from born anchors asked me to do a poster for this show. I said yes, even though I'm busy, just because I really wanted to draw panthers. In my mind, this was going to be much lighter, almost cute, but then in drawing it, it became scary. An ongoing problem for me. I like it a lot though, so that's all that matters. Client needs, whatever. I thought it would be fun to mix something scary like zombies, with something cute, like the panthers I drew in my sketchbook, very much having Deth P. Sun in mind. Then I drew them and they just looked terrifying. Oh well, I'm working on getting away from that. Baby steps. I might be doing an album cover for Panther Attack in the future, so be on the lookout for that. The ink drawing was really tight, using a refillable Japanese brush pen that didn't belong to me, and now I really wish it did. I have my brother looking out or one because he's living in Japan. I have a feeling I'm going to be sending him on a lot of missions to find technical pens, brushes, prints, etc. for me to nerd the fuck out over. He likes to draw, so it's not all bad for him, and I encourage him to do so because he really does have talent, but I think he feels overshadowed by me.

A lot of photoshop effects in this one, maybe too much, opinions?

No comments: