Sunday, November 18, 2007

Born Anchors Flyer


I understand that the tiny parts that make up cells were all formally small independent organisms that formed symbiotic relationships with each-other. This means that large animals like you and I are made up of an inconceivable amount of small animals. This idea just blows my mind. I've been meaning to make a piece about it for some time, and I thought it would fit well for this project. I thought it would be cool to think of it as larger animals. Here I'm also showing my love of scientific illustration, only I gave it a more edgy style (it's for a rock band after all). I'm CRAZY about illustrations of cells, skin layers, and other microscopic things. I think they're just fantastic so I do things like this from time to time. Acrylic on wood, 8x10

No comments: