Thursday, November 01, 2007

Zombie Painting


This is a painting that I submitted to a zombie show at the Space gallery. I hope that the image is good enough to be accepted into the show. The actual painting looks much better. I think it didn't scan very well because there was no ground. I painted directly on the wood. All the faces are thumb print sized, so i had to really get in there with little details, therefor I used gouache. This also did not scan well. I've had lots of problems with the way it scans and should probably stop using it. In the actual painting you can see the wood grain, little details, and subtle color shifts and it looks really neat. I'm glad that this is for a gallery show because it doesn't look good unless you see it in person. Also, didn't really pull the punch on this one. Zombie Christian hoard, I don't need to spell it out. I'm terrified of zombies and Christians, and I've been listening to the Thermals a lot, so there you go. I got that pink in there without even thinking about it, god damn I've been using a lot of pink lately. Was brown and nasty green, moved to pink. I love the contrast in my work though. Right now it's my only method for balancing out the generally creepy nature of my art. I think in this painting the way the sky is nice and pink, and ground level is a crowd horrible monsters makes for a nice pictorial space. It says escape to me.

P.S. IDW, call me, lol.

2 comments:

xtracheezpizza said...

this is one of the coolest things i've ever seen! would you be interested in maybe putting together album art for my band? email me jznwhy@gmail.com or message the band myspace.com/thekingsfordrun

xtracheezpizza said...

this is one of the coolest things i've ever seen! would you be interested in maybe putting together album art for my band? email me jznwhy@gmail.com or message the band myspace.com/thekingsfordrun