Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rambowski



Another shirt design for Graf Orlock. This one was a bit of trouble. I worked closely with Alan from Graf on ideas, mostly because their shirts tend to be concept based, and I'm realizing that I don't have a lot of strength in that realm. I'm good at making things look cool, of conveying emotion, or being creepy, but there's never really a punchline. I can't describe my art work, it doesn't sound cool, you just have to see it.
I was originally going to draw Conan slashing up terminator machines. I drew Conan and 1 1/2 machines before quiting. It was coming out horrible, and the machines were taking me forever to draw. I knew it would be a challenge, but it was too much for me. Conan also didn't look like Arnold, and his face was drawn for too small to really get a likeness. I was going to post it here, but I decided that it's just WAY too bad for anyone else to ever see. So, sometimes you have to realize that it's not working, and cut your losses. I had one night to do this shirt left. I went home from work, got dinner and an energy drink (which I've been drinking a lot of lately) and went home to sink my teeth into this. Let me tell you about this energy drink called Venom. If you HAVE to get things done, drink one of those things. Holy crap. And I don't want any of you guys shaking your heads about my energy drink consumption. I have a legitimate sleeping disorder, which I used to take ADDERALL for, so this is much better in my opinion. Got to get that surgery, damn.

I'm really glad I started over, this came out pretty killer, and it didn't even take that long. One thing I know about myself is that I work well under pressure.

2 comments:

gonzales said...

Nice work man. I found your blog through your boy Rusty whom I have a mutual friend with. Nevertheless, stop by my blog and give a shout.

Regards,
Frank Gonzales

Anonymous said...

love that you created the dude from the Big Lebowski. Great design.