Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Talking and untitled






Ya, couple of new guys. Getting down to the home stretch for my show in September, and I've spent a little too long on some of my paintings. The second one is a prime example. I spent like 6 days painting things out and making new elements, changing colors. Too long, but I'm not a factory, and some times paintings don't go very smoothly. The portrait was a day painting. Often day paintings end up being the best ones. Tentacles was a day painting, so was GFP, Lipstick, and others. They end up being more fresh and the strokes look confident. The last one is one of my favorites so far. I started using acrylics in a wet-on-wet technique as one might with watercolors and I'm happy with the results. Can't write a long blog right now, gotta bust out more paintings.

No comments: