Monday, February 22, 2010

Shirt Designs





Today I worked on these shirt designs. The final version can be seen and purchased from my store here:www.zazzle.com/jeremyforson/tshirts. I was getting enough requests to make them into shirts that I obliged.

I posted a photo of the large drawings I made to make these shirts. I blew up the small drawings from my recent mash-up piece, and traced them with a sharpie. These are much larger than the maximum printing surface for these digitally made shirts, but I wanted them to shrink down and look sharp. I could have taken the original drawings and put them through a "Live Trace" in Adobe Illustrator, but I really don't like the way vector tracings look. So much so, in fact, that I'd rather redraw them and spend hours cleaning them up. I doubt that anybody else would care...at all...but it bothers me. I also tried redrawing them in Photoshop with a Wacom tablet, but I stopped pretty quickly. I'm still not comfortable with a tablet and stylus; I find them frustrating and slow. I used the tablet to fill in the blacks, and for knocking out large areas of flat color and such I think they are great, but drawing lines kills me.

I'm a little embarrassed about the state of my tracing paper, which I had spilled some inky water on years ago, and you can see how it seeped into the side of the pad. I don't use it that often.

In other news:
My story is up at sixwordtales.com and the sixwordtales facebook page. Check those out. I like Stiles' 6 words stories a lot, they get my mind spinning.

No comments: