Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Work for Disgrace & Embrace



I've got to install the show on Thursday, so it looks like this is going to to the show as I've still got to frame the sketches. Doublepunch is a small gallery space, so I'm hoping this will be the right amount of paintings for it. I did a Munny because Doublepunch is half toy store after all, but I don't know if I'll be able to show it due to a conflict of interest that I didn't foresee. Word to the wise: Don't expect to get a lot of work done during the holidays. I'm not even a heavily festive person, but I still lost many working hours to family obligations and Christmas shopping. Creativity is like a train that takes a long time to get up to speed, so having to stop and start over and over is very disruptive.

The painting in the top left might be unfamiliar, I've been toying with it for a couple months because it wasn't coming together and I have yet to scan it. I think I'll do that now actually....

No comments: