Thursday, March 04, 2010

3/4/10 - WIP



This piece is coming along. It will probably be finished tomorrow. That forest took a lot out of me! I had some issues when I started painting the statue because the surface of a skateboard is so slick, but I had some Clear Gesso lying around, and I finally found a use for it! I've had it for about 8 years, and I didn't like it because it's VERY toothy, it feels like sand paper when it dries. I had problems using it before, but it actually worked well this time. It's surprisingly absorbent, which was great, and I didn't have a problem making a hard line as long as I thinned the paint a little. Time to go to the gym!

2 comments:

Thea Schultheiss said...

Wow this is looking super cool! Very inspiring as I have a deck to paint for a show in London later in the year!

I like clear gesso, I put two coats on prior to painting on wood, but I lightly sand it down before painting to make it smoother and less like... sandpaper!

Can't wait to see it finished :)

Jeremy Forson said...

Thanks! Yeah, I was happy with clear gesso this time. I have so many art supplies that I never use, but then that one day I need it comes, and I'm glad I kept it! Good luck with your skate deck!