Sunday, July 13, 2014

Northman Portrait

Been a long time since I produced any personal work, but I'm happy to have completed something new. I painted this on my iPad, which I'm sure a lot of people aren't happy about, but that's really the only way I can paint now. I simply don't have the time, or even a place, to do traditional work. A lot of this was done on the bus to and from work. When making art on a bus "undo" is crucial! The way I think about illustration and my technique has changed a lot due to my job, where I'm working with 3D software a lot. It has made me think more about light, shadows, and texture than I ever did before.

Because of the process of working in Procreate there isn't any sketches or roughs to show. I made a thumbnail, then scaled it up and painted over it, which is a lot like what I was doing in my acrylic paintings, only without all the scanning and printing.

I apparently love painting hair haha!

3 comments:

MGC JOBS said...

Best Whishes for you.....
Best Online Directory Chek This know more.
For get Free job Alert On your mobile Register here.
Jobs in Kerala
Jobs in India
Part time Jobs
School contact Numbers
Police Aid Post Contact Numbers
Free Online Directory
Free online Jobs
Thank you.

Joshua said...

Spam comments are lame. Any new artwork to share?

Jitendra Patel said...

Nice Post