Monday, November 23, 2009

Gatekeeper


The scan didn't come out very well for some reason, so I had to take a photo of it.


Acrylic on wood 5x7. It's for an art auction at Gallery Nucleus in LA to benefit the American Red Cross. There's some REALLY great artists lined up for this event, and I'm proud to be part of it. If you're in the LA area, check it out! I probably won't be able to attend, sadly. All the artwork is 5x7, and $100, but some of them are going to be auctioned.

More info:http://gallerynucleus.com/gallery/exhibition/212

Difficult to paint so small, but it looks really pretty nice in person. This one was inspired by my recent trip to Asia. If you look hard there's a little Tori gate in the background. I really like this idea and composition, so I might paint another, larger version for my show in February. Due to the size of this one, tattoos were not an option, but I think it looks good without them anyway.

Other news: There was an opening on Saturday at Doublepunch with some great artists. I was there for about an hour and met some cool folks. It will be up for about a month, my painting "Kissy Face" is hanging in it.



Barron Storey has republished The Marat/Sade Journals and I got a copy. It's amazing, get it! I found out about it here: http://graphicnovelart.blogspot.com/2009/09/marat-sade-journals-are-back.html

Furthermore, I met up with a bunch of people from Artsprojekt over the weekend at the Thread Expo, and they were super cool! If you're an artist you should submit and get yourself an account. It's easy to use to make all kinds of products, and there's going to be some neat stuff you'll be able to do in the near future, so get on it! http://artsprojekt.com/

2 comments:

Welles Tan said...

Nice Art pieces!

Jeremy Forson said...

Thanks!