Friday, December 04, 2009

Gold Metalist





I had a bit of rant about this earlier today on Society6.

"I feel that there's too many paintings of women that look sedated, mannequin or doll-like. Those paintings don't properly reflect reality, where strong, confident, and capable women like this are something I see everyday."

I want to add that there are many other paintings of women where they look unnaturally vacant, lobotomized even, as if the point of their lives was to pose and look pretty. As if the acuteness of their minds, and the achievements of their lives were irrelevant. What I find especially odd is that most or many of these paintings are done by women? Oh well, I can't concern myself too much with what other artists do.

I'm starting to fear that people aren't getting the play on words in the title. She's Metal, get it?

12x24 Acrylic on Panel.

4 comments:

jens hunger said...

cooooooool.........

Deth said...

oh. i totally didn't get that. sorry, jeremy. my bad.

Jeremy Forson said...

That's cool. I think that only like 2 people actually got it, and everybody else just thinks I wasn't careful enough to check my spelling haha! Still, I like the play on words, so I'm sticking with it.

Nichea said...

Hey. Nice girl. Very truth that you say about "What my women done?". It's a good reflection for artists. H