Thursday, October 20, 2011

Head Labs








This is a Flash Project I did a little while back. I had so much fun that I thought I would do a lot more Flash animation projects, but it looks like my life is heading in a different direction. I'm not sure how technical I can get of this blog without losing you guys, but I'm gonna go ahead and explain the project anyway. It started off as an HMTL5 project that was meant to just be for fun and learning. I thought I would do some simple animations in Flash and use Grant Skinner's Zoƫ air application to export sprite sheets that I could manipulate with javaScript. Well, I ended up getting really into the Flash animation part, and what I thought would be around 25 frames ended up being around 180 (even though it's shot in 2s). The sprites (as you see here) got to be WAY TOO BIG to use, as they are 1.2 MB, whereas the Flash swf was only 143 KB. I probably could have cut down the number of sprite images by programmatically jumping around the frames, but it seemed too tedious. I decided that this kind of animation was not going to work for sprites, and since I basically already had it built in Flash, I continued in that direction. Then in further digression from the goal, I started doing sounds. I had no idea how to do that, so I taught myself Adobe Soundbooth, and got pretty good results considering that I just used the mic on my laptop.

The project lives here: Head Labs Site

4 comments:

eknutz said...

This is great Jeremy! I suggest adding your contact info to the animation page so people linked there can get in touch with you.

Dani & Jaime said...

oh! common men!
check this out: sombra-azufaifo.blogspot.com

Sujay said...

So beautiful the site is.Well done carry on.

Timothy J Lamb said...

aww man! i love this!