Friday, February 22, 2008

Mctarty.com


This was a commission for mctarty.com on the theme of "Scottish African". In spite on this being for an art director/writer creative team, all I was asked to do was "Scottish African". Pat Mckay is of Scottish decent, Feh Tarty is Liberian.Some projects are like that. I wanted to keep this one light, and since it was intended to be put on a white website, I made it a vignette. It feels very different from my normal work. I feel like I'm always changing things up, but this one's especially unusual for me. It's so unusual that I don't even know what to think about it yet. They were happy with it though. I'm not sure if it fits in my portfolio, so I don't think I'm going to put it on my site.

Oh yeah, so the tartans are Pat McKay's family's, Thistle is the nation flower of Scotland, and red deer are apparently common there. On the other side the leopard is part of Feh's tribe's folklore, the pattern is either Liberian or at least West African, I don't remember, and the flowers are pepper flowers, official flower of Liberia.

No comments: