Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I lost my job.

The economy finally hit home for me. Just after the worst week on Wall Street of all time, I was laid off from my full-time Flash job. I can't say I'm happy about it, I liked my job. The agency has lost one of it's biggest clients, and advertising in general is being hit hard by our tough times. Clients cut advertising budgets first, and work had been slow for months. I can't say I'm too surprised.

I'm going to take this opportunity to try to make a break in my career as an artist. I've been turning down jobs recently, but now it seems I'll have the time to do them after all. I'm curious to see if what was keeping me from being a full-time illustrator was my full-time job. I'll have to put my skills to the test. If you have a need to artistic services, you know how to contact me.

1 comment:

Diantres said...

oh, i wish you luck man!