Sunday, June 21, 2009

Double Punch He-man tribute show


I got to North Beach at around 7:30 on a Saturday, which is not a good time to be trying to park in that area (I was driving my bf's car because I only have a bike). North Beach is the Italian district of San Francisco, and there's a lot of great restaurants, so couples were amassing for dinner dates. I had to park a few blocks away, but I got to see this stunning sunset scene.

Another nice sunset scene of San Francisco. North Beach is pretty, but I don't know anyone who lives there besides Barron. Apparently Jeremy Fish lives somewhere over there, but I don't know him personally.




Crowd when I arrived and art. There was a really good turnout. It was tropically hot up there. They probably have to keep the doors open today so it doesn't smell like a fight club. I was standing near the stairs where you enter the gallery area, and a guy came up and jokingly said something like "Wow...it is...uh....fragrant. Smells like nerds!" Once the sun went down it cooled off, and it didn't smell so sweaty.








Some shots of the store, which has some awesome toys and art books. I could probably mill around looking at their products for a good 2 hours without getting bored. They also have some toys designed by local artists, as well as art and zines from them. It's cool that they're involved in the community.


Josh Ellingson








Pellet


Matty Cipov



Steve Seeley

Bunch of pictures of the art. Unfortunately, I forgot to take note of the names of the artists.

Thanks to Ryan for putting me in the show, I had lots of fun. My painting will be for sale on the Double Punch website soon for $300.

No comments: