Sunday, November 04, 2007

Spectrum 14 came...

All artists published in Spectrum get a hard bound edition of the book, and I have to say that I was impressed with how nice it is. I thumbed through the pages tonight. As I was looking through it, I started to get the feeling that I was really lucky to have gotten in the book. Most of the paintings are true finishes, finely rendered and laboriously painted. Talent by the tons. By the time I got to my page, I have to say I was disappointed with how my painting reproduced, and I'm sure that it's my fault. Not sure what happened, but it looks terrible. I saw my painting for what it is after seeing so many professional fantasy art-works: A school painting I banged out with very little preliminary work, a quick read, and ultimately not even up to my own standards. Gotta get my shit together. I know I can do so much better, I have, I will.

1 comment:

Kim Herbst said...

Congratulations on Spectrum 14! I think it's a huge honor. I plan to try and submit for Spectrum 15. I really love the work you have on your website and hope to see more of it here!