Friday, November 30, 2007

Post zombie show reflection



So I had my show at the Space gallery last night, all zombie art. I had fun, but I didn't get to meet as many people as I would have liked to. Thanks to those of you who came out. I met an artist named David Young V who's work was my favorite out of the show, so I was glad to meet him. Also a well inked metal girl who was showing under the name Gorwhor. I only talked to her briefly, but she seemed very nice. When I told her which piece was mine and she gave me a back-handed slug to the chest saying "DUDE!" I thought "This girl should be my new best friend." I also met the artist C3 very briefly, but I thought his painting had some cool stuff going on. That was it unfortunately, it was hard to tell who the other artists were. Next time I'll have to try harder to make acquaintances. I would like to have more gallery shows soon, it would seem that I caught a bit of a gallery bug, so if you know of any galleries looking for submissions, please let me know.

The artwork: Well, Rob Zombie's piece was really more like an autograph, and I have to say that I found that disappointing because I know that he can draw. I think the only thing that wasn't rock star about it was that it was selling for only $6.66. There were some very well painted zombie portraits, some art that wouldn't even be good in a high school art class, and some that I wondered if they were part of the show, or just something that was permanently there because I couldn't see how they fit the theme. Better crowd than I was expecting I have to say, people seemed nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE!
Best Friends Forever!

i don't know how we found this post, but c3, james and i found it.
we all work at utrecht downtown.

i'm sure we'll see you around!
-GORWHOR