Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Animation on the mind

Thinking more and more about animation, and contemplating doing one of my own. I've got a show opening February 6th at Doublepunch with the fantastic Nate Van Dyke, then a website to build, then I'm free to do new projects. I've always loved animation and wanted to do it, so I think that now with my not having a job or other obligations it might be a good time to expand my horizons. I'll be doing most tasks, but I've asked a good friend of mine to handle the music and audio because I'm not great at those kinds of things. I like being a one man show, but in the interests of time, and quality of the finished product, I need somebody to help. Anyway, that's a long way off.

Here's some animations I saw today that I thought were rad.
SUGIMOTO Kousuke, MANABE Takayuki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ9YtJC-Kd8&feature=youtu.be

Pearl Jam - Do the evolution. Great animation, very dystopic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAKdck1OOM0

No comments: