Tuesday, December 07, 2010

jeremyforson.com V6 live

You might have noticed some changes around here. For a while now I've been working on a new look for my site, and today I applied it across my websites.  I started to feel that the old site had gone TOO far in the direction of minimal design and light weight file sizes. I stripped out everything that was unnecessary, and that left very little. Technically it was good, but it felt cold and detached. I wanted to add some more personality into my website, and make it friendlier. The new site is bigger in file size than the old one, but still small as far as websites go. I added some older work that I still like, and tried to add more content in general. I did not expect to settle on Garamond and gold, but I'm happy with the way it came out. To me, the time I spent studying graphic design recently is apparent, but I don't know if other people can tell.

4 comments:

rico said...

Looks great, I love it!

Jeremy Forson said...

Thanks Rico! :)

Brian Bowes said...

Nice work Jeremy.

The type treatment works really well, and the site is definitely clean.

Rock on!

Jeremy Forson said...

Thanks Brian. I tried to keep it clean and simple, but more personable than it used to be. It's a delicate balance.