Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back in business

I've been out for a little while because my Grandpa passed away, and I had to go back to my home town. Now that I've returned to San Francisco I'm working on getting back up to speed. Today I joined theispot.com. I've got to format 24 illustrations to fit their specs, but I'll be displaying my stuff soon. Being a member of this site was recommended to me by some of my peers, but I've been putting it off until I was sure that it was worth it. Oddly, the biggest job I had this year came from theispot.com, even though I wasn't a member. I got the job because somebody wanted to contract a friend of mine off the site, but he was too busy (with a different job he got from there) so he passed the client my information, and I got the job! This speaks well for the theispot. If you think about it, it makes sense. Say you want to hire an illustrator, but you don't know of one, or they aren't available, what do you do? You can't google "an illustrator who I like" or just "illustrator" and go through the thousands of pages one-by-one, so you need to find a place with a lot of talent you can sift through. Why this simple idea never dawned on me is a mystery. Maybe because I follow art and illustration so closely, it's hard for me to look at it like a potential client. I can hardly imagine not knowing a single illustrator, but there's people out there like that who need a person with drawing talents.

Also, thanks to booooooom.com for showing my work. I got quite a spike in my site traffic today!

***Sorry if this post is odd. I'm having an allergic reaction to gluten, and I had to take a Benadryl.***

2 comments:

A Messy Perfection said...

I am sorry bout you Grandpa Jer.

Jeremy Forson said...

thanks.