Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mixed bag


Working on some ideas for the skate deck. I'm thinking that it will be something like this one I circled, with a forest like the one I painted for the shoes recently.

Took a bunch of photo reference. I have hundreds of embarrassing photos of myself like this, and some of my friends who were unlucky enough be be around when I needed some ref shots. You would think that by now I would have all the poses I could ever need, but no.







I've been thinking a lot lately about improving my digital artwork, and doing more of it, so I worked on some textures today. I don't especially like working on the computer, but recently I've been seeing cool stuff done, and I could save an enormous amount of time. Art directors like digital artwork, I believe, because it's so much easier to change. Also, I'm starting to think it's hard to make your work look current without some digital elements. Naturally, I'm thinking of a traditional/digital hybrid which is really where it's at right now. My thoughts are still forming on this topic. Now that I think about it, I almost always have to work on my paintings digitally to correct changes the AD wants, so how traditional they are is debatable.

No comments: